Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Free Write Journal Entry

     Don't you ever wish that you could just punch someone directly in the face? Well I do, every time I go into work at Dunkin' Donuts. There is a lot customers don't see, unless you are one of those rude, arrogant, customers that I would like to punch in the face.

     The overall work of Dunkin' Donuts isn't too bad most of the time, the worst part is dealing with the people and that is what you have to get the most used to. For example, this past Sunday, Mother's Day, I of course spent my entire day working, I unfortunately had the task of running the drive through by taking orders and making the coffees. For a good two and a half, three hours STRAIGHT of cars coming through the drive thru, I finally got to take my break after being there for 6 hours already. Just hearing the little beeping noise that our headsets make when a  car arrives at the drive thru was beginning to drive me up a wall. It's something little like this that is extremely annoying to one working, but is not even considered by the public.

     So when someone comes to the drive thru after I have already taken countless orders, and had an order like "Hi..... Um can I have one second please?!" "Sure, take your time." "Okay! I'm ready." "Okay what can I get for you?" "okay um, can I have 4 chocolate glazed munchkins, 5 egg and cheese wraps, a bacon egg and cheese on a plain bagel NOT toasted, a medium iced with extra milk and 18 Splenda... actually make that 19 Splenda, and actually could I change those 4 munchkins to regular glazed? And change my iced coffee to a hot coffee?!" ...... It is orders like these that make me want to just walk out the front door of the restaurant and just go home.

     Each and very day at Dunkin' Donuts is different, and I try to be as nice and polite as possible to each customer, but that sometimes becomes hard when they do not treat you with the same respect. They act like I actually wanted to get out of bed at 630 on a Sunday after going to school all week, cause you know they're right there is nothing I would rather be doing than I don't know, SLEEP. I don't need the attitude from an old man at 730 in the morning when all I want to do is sleep in my bed, but I'm in Dunkin' Donuts serving inconsiderate customers all day long. 

     I really appreciate those customers that are not rude and actually appreicate the things we do, and tip us a little bit more than most. Even simply letting us keep your change from the three dollars you used for you medium iced that cost you two dollars and fifty-one cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment